Cambridge Primary Programme
- The Cambridge Primary Programme developed by Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE)
- Focuses on English, Mathematics and Science for children aged 6-12 (Primary 1-6)
- Certificate of Achievement for each child at the end of primary education
- Excellent preparation for secondary education
The vision of the primary division is to create a programme that meets the needs of students in the 21st century. To achieve this, the school has created an environment that is dedicated to providing children with the opportunity to aspire to academic excellence and learn how to become lifelong learners and responsible citizens for the future.
The school provides an international educational programme that caters for a broad spectrum of abilities, needs, interests, social and cultural backgrounds of students, and has strong links with parents and the local community.
The Cambridge International Primary Programme which is used as the core curriculum in Raffles Christian School gives the school a framework to develop Mathematics, English and Science skills and knowledge in young children. The primary curriculum provides guidance for programme design, classroom teaching and learning. It also allows teachers to assess children’s learning through the Cambridge Primary Checkpoint.
The life skills of cooperation, critical thinking, responsibility, communication and concern for others are integrated into the different subject areas. To provide a holistic education for your child, creative art, music, foreign language, computer classes and physical education are integral elements of the weekly lesson schedule.
The curriculum builds on the strengths, development and learning style of each student. A student centered approach to teaching and learning benefits students as they first learn from peers and have the opportunity to lead in academic and social areas.
Subjects in the Primary Division
- English Language
- Chinese Language
- Indonesian Language
- Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
- Art and Crafts
- Physical Education (PE)
- Citizenship (PPKN)
- Christian Worldview Studies (CWS)
Raffles Christian School uses English as the main medium of instruction. The school implements multilingual education by offering other languages relevant to the school setting such as Indonesian Language and Chinese Language.
Aside from English Language, all students are required to take Indonesian Language and Chinese Language.
Chinese Language at the Primary level is based on HSK curriculum in preparation for the HSK examinations. Primary 1 to 3 students are required to take Mainstream Chinese. Primary 4 to 6 students will be streamed according to their levels such as:
1. Chinese as a Second Language (Mainstream)
2. Chinese as a Foreign Language (Foundation)
For Indonesian Language:
1. Indonesian students are required to take Bahasa Indonesia
2. Foreign students are required to take Indonesian as a Foreign Language